Saturday, March 15, 2008

Research Project Proposal

I am interested in finding out the details of the situation regarding the protesting monks in Burma. I heard about the incident (Buddhist monks protesting the government in Burma) briefly in September, but I haven’t really pursued any details regarding the why. I would like to know the background that led up to this point. I would also like to find out about the current situation and its impact on the United States (if any). I am interested in the relationship between this religious group and their outspoken response to their government and think that it would be a good topic for me to explore.

2 comments:

Kathang Pinay2 said...

Stacy - good topic. yes there are US-based responses re what happened to the monks in Burma. There is a Buddhist temple in Sebastopol whose teacher is from Burma. There are also Bay Area based organizations that are keeping track of the events there. Keep me posted on what you find. I once found a blogger inside Burma...

Kathang Pinay2 said...

Burma -- http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/100907J.shtml